This privacy notice tells you what to expect when LondonFilmmakers.net collects, processes, shares, and stores your personal data.
Our Website may contain hyperlinks to third-party websites. These websites operate fully independently from us, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third parties nor the availability of these external sites or resources. The appearance of such links on our Website is not an endorsement. Should you use any of these websites, such use is at your own risk and we would recommend that you review their respective privacy policies.
How We Use Your Personal Data
If you contact us about our services, the forms you complete or the emails you send may include information about you, such as your name as the contact point for an organization, your email address, the organization’s address, and your inquiry. We use this information to respond to your inquiries.
• In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will process your inquiries to reply and provide you with information about the services we offer.
• We may also process inquiries to take steps you ask of us with a view to entering into an agreement to provide you with our services.
• You are under no obligation to provide us with any details, but if you don’t provide all relevant information, we may not be able to help.
If you ask to be added to our mailing list, we will keep you updated with information on news, releases, merchandise, and pre-sales by email unless you would like to be removed from that list (in which case please let us know by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any marketing email that you receive). In order to send you the information that is most relevant to your location, we may also ask you to tell us which country you are in. In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will use the email address you gave us via our Website to provide you with this information. There may also be circumstances where we will ask you for your explicit consent in respect of our use of your data in which case you will be notified at the time.
How you use our Website (Analytics)
• When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
• We process this information to understand how visitors use our Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Website, and we aggregate this information together so we know that, for example, that visitors to our Website come from a specific territory). This information is not used by us to develop a personal profile of you.
• This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests in improving our Website, and providing a better service and source of information to visitors.
You can always choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult our Cookies Policy page.
This site uses Google Analytics for anonymous reporting of Website usage. Google Analytics is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping to understand how to improve the user experience. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics monitoring your behavior on our Website please use this link.
All content you submit to us
If you send us objectionable content or otherwise behave in a disruptive manner when using our Website, we may process personal data included in your messages to respond to and stop such behavior.
• We only process personal data in this way for the legitimate interests of ensuring that the use of our Website is lawful, does not disrupt our systems, does not harass our staff or other individuals, and to enforce our legal rights and comply with our legal obligations.
• Where we reasonably believe you are or may be in breach of the law (for instance, because the content you send amounts to harassment or is defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
• Where we process personal data in this way, we will hold that personal information on our systems for as long as is reasonably necessary to achieve these objectives.
Do we share your personal information with anyone else?
We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
Activities that are carried out by third-party service providers include CRM management software, website hosting, and IT support.
In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include government bodies and law enforcement agencies), in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets, the information we hold may be included as part of that sale, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any changes in ownership or use of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding that information.
Except as provided above, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Your rights in relation to personal data which we process relating to you
You have the following rights over the way we process personal information relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest:
• to ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
• to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
• to request a machine-readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
• to make a complaint to a data protection regulator.
Please send your request to us using our contact form.
We do not use the Website to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us.
We will delete such information within a reasonable time.
We will take all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information.
This policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new policy here and, where feasible, by letting you know by email.
Hopefully, this page has clarified things for you, and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through our contact page.
26 March 2023